Important!!!

Take the survey at the bottom of the page... It's a matter of life and death.

Friday, April 15, 2011

It is Friday, All Day

I have come to a few realizations.  One is that I can do whatever I damn well please on this little piece of the internet.  I mean, I won't put anything up that makes you embarrassed in front of your 3 year old, but I can do whatever I want.  So, since it is Friday, I will put up a song every hour until 5pm so anybody who comes on this site can listen to good music and get ready for the weekend.

Also, I am watching C-Span right now(12:38am) and the governor of Wisconsin is a brat.  There is no getting around it.  This douche is taking away the rights of teachers.  I won't get into the power of the teacher's union, but teachers are not the enemy.  The enemy is you Governor Walker.  Teachers make 36,000 dollars a year and have more influence on the country's greatest resource (children) than any other group of people combined.
 To quote a book called TEACHER MAN, A teacher is, "a drill seargent, a rabbi, a shoulder to cry on, a disciplinarian, a singer, a low-level scholar, a clerk, a referee, a clown, a counselor, a dress-code enforcer, a conductor, an apologist, a philosopher, a collaborator, a tap dancer, a politician, a therapist, a fool, a traffic cop, a priest, a mother-father-brother-sister-uncle-aunt, a bookkeeper, a critic, a psychologist, and the last straw."
That is a quote of Frank McCourt, an Irishman with bad teeth.
A teacher is all that and much, much more.  How an entire group of Americans could ever try to take away the advantages of the people who put themselves on the frontlines of nurturing the future is beyond me. 

Well, that was my big speech and here is the music you have all been waiting for.  One song every hour for the next eight hours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment